Earthpeace in association with Eco-Logic Books
Books on Home Building
Lovely variety of books here. Two below for tasters or choose from the following subcategories:
- (2) Low Impact - Constructions with a small eco footprint.
- (12) Ideas and Inspiration - for the home, building to create a sympathetic, human structure needs inspiration and ideas for self-build - find them here
- (3) Renovation and Building Materials - What to use to build or renovate your structure.
- (17) Techniques - Books about home building and self-build techniques.
- (4) Lime, Plaster and Paint - Books about finishes.
- (3) Underground - All about underground homes.
- (3) Straw Bale Building - Self-build houses and other structures made from straw bales.
- (5) Earth Constructions - From cob building to earth ovens.
- (8) Timber and Log Construction - Timber framed building, log cabins and miscellaneous wooden, non-shed structures.
- (7) Sustainable Building Sustainable buildings and self-building sustainably.
- (5) Miscellaneous - Sick House syndrome, planning permission and all the other building things that don't fit elsewhere
Author - Ed. Keith Hall
Needs little introduction - probably the best (certainly the most up to date) source book for accessible articles and technical stuff on home building sustainably. Excellent value.
|Buy for £ 9.95|
Author - L. Khan
Home Work - Hand Built Shelter. This fantastic book is the follow up to, and updating of, Shelter, which was first published in 1973. Same idea - an eclectic mix of self-build examples from people who have done it themselves - this time in a more manageable format with loads of great colour photos.
|Buy for £ 16.99|
Browse other bookshelves from the menu on the right